Last modified on August 30, 2023
Before beginning coursework, please complete some easy tasks to get familiar with the course content.
- Bookmark this website. You will need it throughout the course. You can even add it as a shortcut to your phone’s home screen.
- Read the syllabus! Really. I tried to make it clearly organized and easily accessible. At a bare minimum, please read the section on Assignments. You can probably skim the rest.
- [Fall/Spring only] Go to Blackboard and sign up for your three Student Choice Assignments. This is explained more on the syllabus.
- Learn about Teams and how to sign up for our workspace.
- Look in the Channel List on Teams for the #Introductions channel. Send a message to introduce yourself! Mention your degree program. Other ideas for an introductory message (you don’t have to do all this—only share what you want):
- your undergrad institution
- your home city/state/country
- your favorite TV show/movie
- what you pretend your favorite TV show/movie is when you want to impress someone
- pictures of your pets
- photos from a recent trip
- Watch each of the short videos below. They are intended to familiarize you with the three “venues” for our course (this website, Blackboard, and Teams) and how I use them.
Information and lectures
Reading responses, homework questions, introductions, announcements
Assignment submission, feedback, and grades